Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sad but true


Dear Metier friends and fans –

After 21 years of fashion and fun, it is with a heavy heart that I have decided to close Metier. Thank you for an amazing ride and the love and loyalty so many of you have shown us throughout the years. We have learned about your lives and heard so often how what we do makes your day richer and your walk more confident.

I am incredibly grateful to the best-there-ever-was Metier staff and in particular Trina, my partner in all things fashion for the past 15 years. We will keep a small online presence for jewelry and I’m looking to launch a new project or two in 2013.

Our last day will be Saturday, July 14th. We will be discounting everything, including some of the jewelry, 50% - 80% off starting Thursday, July 5th and selling it off until it’s gone! Store credits and gift certificates must be redeemed during the next three weeks. We will not be giving cash back for these items. All purchases will be final sale once the store is closed.

Please stop by in the next few weeks, buy up all our stock, and trade a story or two. We will all miss Metier but I look forward to connecting with all of you in the future.

With tears in my eyes and a big heartfelt thank you,

Sheri

8 comments

  1. oh no!! this makes me so sad. i was so looking forward to visiting during my august sf trip. best wishes! i'll look forward to seeing what you guys do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed very sad news. I love the clothing and stories you've featured here on the blog, and have followed your store for the past several years. I've always associated Metier's style with the beautiful city of SF.

    Best of luck on your new ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such sad news! I only discovered your store recently and never got the chance to visit and experience it in person (I live in NY and don't get to SF often). I'm sure it was a very hard decision to make, and I wish you all the best in your future adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. San Francisco won't be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I cannot believe one of my most favorite SF stores is going away!!! This makes me really sad. You and your staff have been so great over the years. I will really miss your wonderful antique trunk shows. Best of luck with your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!!! I am so sad to hear this! Thanks for your beautiful shop!! Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very sad since I've loved shopping at your beautiful store. Best of luck to you and hopefully we'll see you re-emerge as a different incarnation in the city....?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I just read this news. It's so sad to hear! I'm from Holland and I was so looking forward to visit Metier SF this summer. Your website is/was so inspiring, loved the outfits, especially from Isabel Marant. I'm also a huge fan :) I wish you all the best whatever the future brings!

    ReplyDelete